[UNIX] [BUGS] [FIX] headless vm, small fixes

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 30 21:36:58 UTC 2000

In message <F539F53ECAF5D111B73D00805F65BAE68550F7 at WDIGL003>
          "Raab, Andreas" <Andreas.Raab at disney.com> wrote:

[snip]
> BTW - I'd actually like to get rid of the different translation methods if
> somehow possible. All that *should* be needed is really a -DPLUGIN (or
> whatever) so one actually has a choice about this at compile time.
> Unfortunately there a few tricky aspects involved which I couldn't quite
> figure out how to solve at the time Tim and I were working on this stuff. If
> somebody knows how to fix it please go ahead and send me the modifications.
I can actually think of a single small reason not to worry about this -
since the file ought to go to a different place in order to make it
utterly obvious to a 'make' whether it is for internal consumption or
only for rubbing on sore spots, it probably doesn't matter much that the
code is a little different. Of course, if anybody _can_ work out how t
unify everything ok, then it might reduce the maintenance load a tad,
which is always good.

tim

Useful random insult:- Evidence for the theory of a missing link.