[BUG?] Morph uncoveredAt:

Mike Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Thu Aug 17 08:57:49 UTC 2000

I got a traceback after fetching Squeak email (while I wasn't looking!).  It appears to have been trying to put up a notifier to tell me how many messages it had retrieved.  I can not easily reproduce it.

I am not sure if this was the problem or just a symptom, since I would assume that the collection should always have the one or two objects and so you should not need to check if morphsAbove is empty.

Sorry, no fix is attached

Mike

_______________

uncoveredAt: aPoint
	"Return true if the receiver is not covered by any submorphs at the given point."

	| morphsAbove |
	morphsAbove _ self world morphsAt: aPoint.
	"***  morphsAbove is an empty collection"
	^ morphsAbove first = self or:    "*** sending first to the empty collection fails"
	 [(morphsAbove first isKindOf: HaloMorph) and:
	 [(morphsAbove at: 2) = self]]

17 August 2000 8:21:56 am
Error: this collection is empty
OrderedCollection(Object)>>error:
OrderedCollection(Collection)>>errorEmptyCollection
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>first
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>uncoveredAt:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handlesMouseDown:
[] in HandMorph>>recipientForMouseDown:
OrderedCollection>>do:
HandMorph>>recipientForMouseDown:
MenuItemMorph>>mouseMove:
HandMorph>>handleMouseMove:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycleNow
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
PasteUpMorph>>handsDo:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycleNow
PasteUpMorph>>doOneSubCycle
MVCMenuMorph>>invokeAt:in:
[] in PopUpMenu>>startUpWithCaption:at:
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
PopUpMenu>>startUpWithCaption:at:
PopUpMenu>>startUpWithCaption:
PopUpMenu class>>inform:
Celeste(Object)>>inform:
Celeste>>fetchMail
Celeste>>perform:orSendTo:
[] in MenuMorph>>invokeItem:event:
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile: