IPC and SRP...

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:03:51 UTC 2000

Hi all!

I have been investigating the IPC possibilities in Squeak and have some questions that perhaps
someone would like to elaborate on:

1. Fly-By-Wire and similar stuff. Anyone using it?
2. Serialization. Anyone using it for communication? Has anybody tried comparing the marshaling
techniques available to Squeak (SmartRefStream, SRP by Paul Baumann, Segments)?
3. Flow (former Correspondents). Anyone using it? Is it EVER going to get integrated into Squeak?
I mean... it seems so much nicer. :-)

I have only looked at these things with one eye sofar - it would help to know about the major
differences if somebody else already has investigated them further.

thanks in advance, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 709 472152, http://www.bluefish.se
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." -- Gandhi