What VM changes are required to run newest 2.9 images?

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sat Aug 5 00:19:55 UTC 2000

Hi folks,

I just tried to run the latest and greatest 2.9 image on my 2.8 VM
and got a nice little crash in some routine in interp.c that tries to
call external routines.  The funny thing is that it seems to think
it already has found the external routine, even the first time it is
called (somewhat unlikely... -> BOOM!)

Anyway, what changes do I have to make?  Just generate a new
interpreter (at which point in the change-stream?), or rev. the
support code?

Thanks,

Marcel