oopsla presentation?

Paul McDonough wnchips at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 16:57:23 UTC 2000

Perhaps we could just set up a way for people to buy
the video of Dan's amazing presentation at last year's
OOPSLA?  Oh yeah, that would entail getting the OOPSLA
folks to admit that they are willing to take the
ghastly, capitalistic, self-promotional
(Squeak-promotional? ... sorry ...) measure of taking
something of value that they have and sharing it,
either free or for money.

Sorry for the Rant, but it's been pretty frustrating -
that video would do a lot to explain what Squeak's all
about (to newbies as well as experienced
Smalltalkers), I've talked to them a few times, and
they just won't do anything with it.  Any chance Dan
or someone could get this accomplished?  In case they
ask, at least one Squeaker would gladly part with $100
for that tape ...

Paul