Squeak 2.8 plug-ins

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Aug 22 21:48:00 UTC 2000

on 8/22/00 12:31 PM, Mark Mayfield at mmayfield at ev1.net wrote:

> Question...
>
> Are there updated (Mac) versions of the plug-ins for 2.8???
>
> I thought they would have been included in the file Squeak2.8-mac.sea.bin.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

All/most of the plugins are builtin, thus they aren't needed as separate
libraries.

ChangeSet 2500MacVMUpdates4-5-JMM modified
Interpreter(class) >>translate:doInlining:forBrowserPlugin:
to add the plugins below as builtin.

        BitBltSimulation.
        BalloonEnginePlugin.
        SurfacePlugin.

        "I/O subsystems"
        FilePlugin.
        SocketPlugin.
        SoundPlugin.
        MIDIPlugin.
        SerialPlugin.
        JoystickTabletPlugin.
        AsynchFilePlugin.

         "Numerics"
        LargeIntegersPlugin.
        FFTPlugin.
        FloatArrayPlugin.
        Matrix2x3Plugin.

        "Compression"
        DeflatePlugin.

        "Others"
        KlattSynthesizerPlugin.
        SoundCodecPlugin.
        B3DEnginePlugin.
        FFIPlugin.

Note: Optionally, you can translate the following as builtins.
As of Squeak 2.8 they are not builtins by default:

DSAPlugin.  "Obsolete? by LargeIntegersPlugin?"
FlippyArrayPlugin2
FooPlugin2

InflatePlugin
        "This one I'm not sure about, should it be included, is it needed?"

TestOSAPlugin
        "Platform specific, AppleScripts"

Comments?

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6