SQL & Squeak

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Aug 8 14:12:37 UTC 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Wouter Gazendam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does there exist a way to connect to an SQL DB (Direct to, like MySQL or
> some generic ODBC connection) in Squeak yet?

Sure does. There's a MySql driver (ported from a VisualWorks one) that
works just dandy. It's not, IIRC, wildly complete or up to date, but I've
successfully done the basic db type things with in.

It's included with Comanche, though I think it might be available
separately too. http://seaweed.cc.gatech.edu/docs/6 The
"WithoutRings" download contains Comanche, which contains the driver.

(Er..if you want it separately, I probably could file it out for you, but
it may be delayed :))

If you search the egroups archive, you probably can find a stand alone
file in for it.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.