[cs] kgfceleste

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Aug 26 22:22:35 UTC 2000

Kevin Fisher wrote:

> > I noticed that your email had a "[cs]" prefix... that's actually not the standard prefix for bug
> > fixes/enhancements.  Fixes should be [FIX], enhancements should be [ENH], etc.  See the "Bugs and
> > Fixes" page on the Squeak Swiki (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak) for details on how to submit
> > fixes/enhancements.  (No biggie that you didn't know about this.)
>
> Great, thanks for that pointer (I was just going to ask something about
> that.. :).  Originally when I sent the change set I did it right from
> the simple changeset browser (using the mail to list menu item)...not
> sure if that added the [cs] to it.

Ah, I knew that automatic changeset submission thing was somewhere!  I guess it's in the change
sorter, not Celeste.  (Makes more sense to have it right in the change sorter, actually.)

So, maybe it would be good to have that subject line correction made to the "mail to list" option in
the change sorter.  (I notice that "mail to list" takes care of everything else, including gzipping
the file.)  Probably what it should do is pop up a selection menu asking whether the changeset is a
bug fix, or an enhancement, or a goodie (or maybe none of the above too).  This shouldn't be too
obtrusive, considering that the majority of changesets posted to the list are bug fixes or
enhancements that ought to be picked up by the archive.  (It's nice to have a streamlined, automatic
procedure for submitting stuff.)

Maybe I'll code up a quick changeset to do this (don't have time right this minute...)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com
  RiskMetrics Group, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.riskmetrics.com