[BUG][FIX]Squeak2.8 VM support files broken

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Aug 30 07:38:17 UTC 2000

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> ... from the latest 2.8 image (as far as I can see, ipdate 2359) the sq.h
> file still has a broken macro and the sqPlatformSpecific.h has Mac
> specific code outside the Mac section.
> Oh yeah, the platform exports file was wrong as well.

Tim,

could you coordinate these fixes with the latest updates for 2.9a?
Otherwise, they are in risk of becoming the Neanderthals of 2.8 (another
line of descent eradicated them). John McIntosh has made a lot of updates to
the Mac sources in the 24xx, some involving sq.h problems, and quite
possibly also these fixes.

It is unfortunate that the long latency of releasing 2.8 means that a lot of
fixes for 2.8, such as these, are now really part of 2.9a. Let's hope these
missing fixes in 2.8 are not substantial enough to give it a bad rep.

Henrik