slimming the image

Roel Wuyts rwuyts at vub.ac.be
Fri Aug 4 05:22:35 UTC 2000

> Let's be sure and separate the concerns of modularizing the base Squeak
> image, and dealing with addons to the image that non-SC people write.
> For the latter, I haven't personally had much trouble.  I've had
> definate trouble with the former, but how else can that be fixed but
> shere gruntwork?

That's exactly why I propose to team up with several people to *really* nail
down the concerns.

> Having a way to declare that Morphic works without the
> scripting system, isn't going to just make it happen!

No, indeed, but this was just step 1. Using my stuff I can support and even
enforce rules like that, but for the moment I am not willing to - on my own-
crawl the complete system to get the different concerns. So, again, I
propose to work in some phases and start by documenting these concerns on
some Swiki, and then to really support it.

--
Roel Wuyts                    Programming Technology Lab
rwuyts at vub.ac.be              Vrije Universiteit Brussel