modelling program comments

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:51:11 UTC 2000

I like Lex's suggestion, but would reccomend that it be constructed along lines where at some future date one could attach arbitrary "metadata" ( objects ) to some reasonable set of program structures, not only within the methods but at higher levels as well.  Basically, I am asking only that you don't build into such code the notion that we are only dealing with text- let it be something a bit more abstract, so that we are not limited in the future to strictly textual commentary.

- les