I can't get AppleScript to run

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sun Aug 13 02:22:17 UTC 2000

At 5:57 PM -0700 8/12/00, John M McIntosh wrote:
>on 8/12/00 1:07 PM, Andrew C. Greenberg at werdna at mucow.com wrote:
>

>>  You might have some memory issues, despite (or perhaps because) of
>>  the allocation of 50M to Squeak.  On MacOS, calling plugins sometimes
>>  requires use of non-object application memory, and the minimum slosh
>>  allocated by the VM may not be sufficient.  This can be increased by
>>  using,
>>
>>  Smalltalk extraVMMemory: numberBytesInAdditionToSlosh
>>
>>  saving the image and restarting the machine, careful to assure there
>>  is enough space for the application memory as well as the object
>>  memory space in the Finder allocation.
>>

>I should point out in the current JUNE/00 macintosh 2.8beta VM the amount of
>slop allocated to the C heap at startup time is now 500,000 bytes, which
>makes Open Transport more happy, before this in say 2.7 it I think was a
>smaller number. As Andrew points out you can of course give the VM more via
>extraVMMemory

I think its been a half meg for quite awhile, but as noted, I think
the memory problems from running simple Appletalk scripts, if any,
may derive from choking the System by fattening Squeak, not by Squeak
being too skinny.
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
NetWolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com

Please use werdna at mucow.com instead of werdna at gate.net