Stuff in/for Squeak for children of young ages?

Chris Macie cjmacie at well.com
Tue Aug 22 09:20:22 UTC 2000

Like the Smalltalk-72 stuff (Turtle etc.), Logo type stuff, also the
tutorial stuff in earlier versions of Smalltalk/V -- it this sort of stuff
still around, in or for Squeak?

Having a 13-year old step-daughter who's artistically/creatively inclined,
but spends too much time aimlessly surfing the internet, I begin to feel
guilty not attempting to pass on the tradition in some form (having spent
30+years in doing software, close to 2/3 of that time in Smalltalk).

At her age and interest level, starting with theory of object-orientation,
syntax, class hierarchies, GUI framework considerations etc. (I did some
training at ParcPlace) is out of the question.

Thanks for any hints.

Chris Macie