[ANN] ObjectWeb - a wiki using Squeak Morphs

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Sun Aug 13 18:39:45 UTC 2000

This is definitely a good direction.

At SqC (with Bob Arning helping) we have been experimenting heavily
with a "SuperSwiki" that uses entire projects as "pages" (ours just
uses FTP so is entirely client-based, but a server-based swiki is
also a good way to go).

This is why we made the basic "tabletop" of a project a PasteUpMorph
-- so that all page like things would be pretty much made from the
same stuff. Being able to use projects has many advantages over just
pages (though not all the advantages are needed all the time) --
especially when one thinks of using the forthcoming project
namespaces to help the longevity of archived projects.

It would be a great idea for all interested parties to coordinate a
little on the next stage of DirectSqueakSwikis. All of this work is
starting to provide a pretty complete alternative (but a compatible
one) to the WWW. We are planning to release some major stuff in just
a few months ....

Cheers,

Alan

-----