Functional Programming Compitition: ICFP team: Callisto Diamond

Rob Withers withers at vnet.net
Sat Aug 26 19:29:39 UTC 2000

I guess I need to include the password for the team.  It is 'callisto'

It would be great to have one of you Unix VM gurus join us.   Ian, Bert,
Lex, Tim, Henrik, Andreas, John, anyone??  We may want to compile the
image into the VM.   Ian, would it be at all possible to get Jitter 3
for Linux-i686 for a 2.7 image?  This would be fantastic!  It would also
be great to have some folks with good algorithmic experience, perhaps
one of you ex-Functional folks or LISPers.  Marcel, Mats, Vassili..   I
am not planning on spending 12 hours a day on this, just a reasonable
effort.

This problem could be quite fun.  The last two compititions had a
Tic-Tac-Toe varient called Pousse which has a 4x4 board.  Last years was
a multiplayer MUD with continuous play even under network failure (play
some automated players).   Who knows what we will face for this one?

Morphic gurus could also help a lot.  Luciano?

So I guess 5 pm EDT is the deadline:    That's 1.5 hours away I'm
guessing for East coast time at Cornell.  Let's do it!

cheers,
Rob