Latest on Video for Squeak?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 14 13:58:37 UTC 2000

I'm advising a colleague on a programming language to use for
developing a video-based case library for teachers on how to teach
using design activities.  He's leaning toward SuperCard or Java, and
I'm encouraging him to consider Python as well.  But, of course, what
I'd really like to recommend is Squeak -- but video with Squeak is
fairly difficult.  There are SqueakMovies, but the conversion between
his videos in QuickTime and SqueakMovies will be ardurous.

What's the latest on QuickTime in Squeak?  I've seen Jim Benson's FFI
QuickTime for Windows, and it's gorgeous.  There was talk for awhile
around here about MPEG for Squeak.  What's the latest on any form of
video for Squeak?

Thanks!
  Mark
Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu