[VM][UNIX] Solaris and Irix, and Browser Plugin. But where's 2.8?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Aug 15 20:59:08 UTC 2000

Hi Uniqueakers, especially Daddy Ian!

I did some little cleanup to make Squeak (more exactly, the recent
additions like serial support) compile on Solaris and Irix. It's gmake and
gcc for now, not even tried with cc yet, but it works :)

The sources are at SourceForge, and I have a VM, Browser Plugin, and some
modules, tarballed for Linux, Solaris, and Irix, at
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.html

Regarding Dan's "Non-Admonishment": We need you, Ian. Just look at the
mess at SourceForge ;^)

The CVS did a good job at coordinating the individual changes. No longer
asking where to get the latest sources. But now it seems an ordering hand
is needed, someone telling what direction to go, someone blessing or
quashing stuff. And I couldn't imagine anyone better than you. It's still
your baby, and we just want to help it grow.

Cheers!

-- Bert