[ENH] Alternative EventSensor

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 3 12:12:25 UTC 2000

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> PS I'm not sure I understand why the clock for sockets on Unix is different
> than the one from X?

The X display terminal might well be on a different computer than the
one Squeak is running on.  The X events will be timestamped with the
clock on the server.

In fact, if you double click fast enough, one can both imagine the two
events arriving right next to each other, and the two events getting
into separate packets on a busy network and thus seeming to be quite far
apart.  So it's nice to use X's timestamp if it's possible.

-Lex