modelling program comments

Jon Hylands Jon at huv.com
Tue Aug 1 21:48:29 UTC 2000

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:51:11 -0500, Les Tyrrell
<tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I like Lex's suggestion, but would reccomend that it be constructed along lines where at some future date one could attach arbitrary "metadata" ( objects ) to some reasonable set of program structures, not only within the methods but at higher levels as well.  Basically, I am asking only that you don't build into such code the notion that we are only dealing with text- let it be something a bit more abstract, so that we are not limited in the future to strictly textual commentary.

This is something we talked about a lot at Interval. The idea was to
use the web browser as the text view for viewing/editing code, and
being able to have embedded objects and links that do stuff like
cross-referencing, or are pointers to more complete documentation.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com