Speech synthesis

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Dec 23 01:30:51 UTC 2000

> >Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what? Judging by comments on the
> >Swiki, this should work in real time.
>
> Hmmm, smells to me like you're missing the Klatt plugin.

Not sure. I do have some Klatt classes (I was going over them before I found
the Speaker class :). Is it some native plugin?

I just tried it on Win2K though. It works there in the out-of-the-box Squeak
version. Unfortunately, the klatt stuff seems to be a difficult thing to
search for (even on Google), so I an unable to find the web site for it (if
there is one).

As for SoundPlayer>>stopReverb, it didn't help. But there may not be reverb
- might just be me imagining things because of the bursts.

Thanks, both of you, for the help!

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.infidyne.com
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://scode.infidyne.com