PDA Squeak, questions...

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Mon Dec 4 20:31:15 UTC 2000

Hi!

Well I gave in to the pre-xmas urge to spend (on myself :) and ordered an
iPaq.  I plan on experimenting heavily with it (probably using one
of the micro-Linux ports, and Squeak).

My Question:

As far as PDA's go, what kind of displays does Squeak currently run on?
Has anyone tried it with nano-X?  Are there any ports (or plans to port)
Squeak to embedded-Qt (no Xserver required)?
(http://www.trolltech.com/company/announce/embeddeddl.html for details,
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/embedded/qpe.html to see an
application of Qt/E in action :)

I guess somewhat related...is there a port of Squeak that runs on the
raw display device (no Xwindows) under Linux (ie SVGAlib, GGI or fbdev)?

Thanks.