Squeak on iPaq..success!

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Dec 17 16:57:04 UTC 2000

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:27:59 -0500 (EST) Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> wrote:
>A couple notes:
>
>The majorShrink seems to have had some unpleasant side-effects.  When I
>save the shrunken image I get an error box complaining about a missing
>seperator.  Still, it saves the image.

That would seem to be an effect of changes you have made to the shrink process. I don't get it in a normal image.

>As I briefly mentioned, using "Smalltalk lastRemove" seems to hang the VM.
>If you cmd-. you can break out of it..it seems to be hung in a Semaphore.

Did you do "Smalltalk lastRemoval" manually? Or is it in modified code you have? It does not seem to be run as a part of the normal process in 2.9a. I did note that the rehashing of MethodDictionaries can take a VERY long time (on the order of 10 minutes @ 400 MHz). I have a fix that deals with that and will put it out after some further testing.

Cheers,
Bob