Command line arguments?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 18 06:18:22 UTC 2000

Bob Arning wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:10:43 -0600 (CST) Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> >Is there any way Squeak can get a hold of arguments passed to it on the
> >command line?  Like C's argv?
>
> Aaron,
>
> I suspect that this is quite platform- and VM-dependent, but see the comment in SystemDictionary>>getSystemAttribute:.
Actually (apart from Macs which simply don't do commandlines anyway) we
defined all this stuff a long time ago. go to the swiki and look for the
page on command line stuff, system attributes etc. Basically we made it
so that all the elements of the command line are available to the image.
SystemDictionary>readDocument is one example user.

tim