[GOODIE] SqueakAmp - an MP3 player for Squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Dec 21 09:02:13 UTC 2000

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Bob Hartwig wrote:

> SqueakAmp is an MP3 player for Squeak that has many of the nice
> features of WinAmp, and a couple that WinAmp doesn't have. Once you
> install SqueakAmp, you'll never again need to leave the comfort of
> your Squeak environment to play your music.

Hey, this is cool! Thanks!

A couple of notes:

- some sort of introduction would be helpfull - like adding balloons to
  buttons.
- I clicked on MPEG in the "Available" pane and got a walkback because the
  "complex contents" is nil
- the flopping-out scrollbar moves the whole pane

And as for whishes: Streaming support would be nice - I'm tuned into
MP3-radio all day (try, for example, http://www.chillambience.org/). But
this would have to be supported in the Plugin I guess ...

-- Bert