making more instances of objects in scripting

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Tue Dec 26 00:34:33 UTC 2000

Karl,

Look in the "miscellaneous" category in bullet's viewer to find
"bullet's copy", which, when invoked, will give you another instance
of the bullet.  And look in the "collections" category of your
playfield's viewer to find "playfield append:", which, when executed,
will append the parameter you provide to the list of objects in the
playfield.  A simple version of what you want can be achieved by
constructing a script of the form

	playfield append: bullet's copy

Depending on what you want to do, you may wish to put the copied
bullet into a player-valued instance variable of, perhaps, the
playfield, so that you can send it various messages to configure it
as needed before turning it loose in the playfield.

Hope this helps,

   -- Scott