Squeak IDE Look-n-Feel

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 11 23:40:12 UTC 2000

ajalis at twu.net is widely believed to have written:

> How about integrating Squeak with WxWindows (http://www.wxwindows.org).
>
> Here is a blurb from their website:
>
>   What is wxWindows?
>
>   wxWindows gives you a single, easy-to-use API for writing GUI applications
>   on multiple platforms. Link with the appropriate library for your platform
>   (Windows/Unix/Mac) and compiler (almost any popular C++ compiler),
>   and your application will adopt the look and feel appropriate to that
>   platform. On top of great GUI functionality, wxWindows gives you:
>   online help, network programming, streams, clipboard and drag and drop,
>   multithreading, image loading and saving in a variety of popular formats,
>   database support, HTML viewing and printing, and much much more.

...and what about those of us with the sense to avoid those three
platforms? What about free machines (as in free of an OS)?
Squeak in and of itself _already_ provides all those facilities except
the look-stuff and to be honest, I wouldn't pay a bean for the look/feel
of _any_ current computer. Not a one of them should be considered
acceptable to any civilised planet. No, not even my Acorn.

Strange OpCodes: RBR: Remove Bits Randomly