World menu delay -- Re: 2.9 speed

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Dec 18 22:20:51 UTC 2000

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Bob Arning wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If the delay in getting a world menu is troubling, try the enclosed change set. The change is that if the were no halos, then the menu pops up right away. If people like this, I will lobby for inclusion.
> >
> This like the best solution to me
> Karl

Yes, this looks great.  This is basically what my earlier changeset attempted to do.  You can shake off halos with one quick click, and then bring up the world menu with a second quick click.  (Or, you can hold down the button to do both.)

(Any word on why the delay is now also there in PluggableListMorphs?)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com