Plugin for iCab?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Dec 13 17:40:57 UTC 2000

>> Netscape's plugins work with iCab.  I personally have an alias in my iCab
>> folder called Plug-ins, which points to Netscape's Plug-ins folder.
>> Alternately, you could follow the directions for Netscape, but substitute
>> whereever:iCab:Plug-ins for whatever:Netscape Communicator:Plug-ins.

Bert> I added iCab to the list in the download description at
Bert> http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.html#mac

Bert> Is this sufficient or should I give exact path names?
Bert> If the latter, please tell me ;^)

I just looked and there's no folder named Plug-Ins in the iCab
installation folder by default.  Not even an empty one.  I guess they
expect me to know that "every mac tool does it this way, so just go
ahead and make one".  But perhaps for stupid people like me, you could
include that in the instructions ("If there's no Plug-Ins folder in
your iCab installation folder, just make an empty one, and iCab will
use it.")  I just did that, and iCab is now displaying squeak-plugins
just fine!