World menu delay -- Re: 2.9 speed

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Dec 20 05:34:34 UTC 2000

Thomas Kuehne wrote:

> I believe any artificial waits unless they are well below any perception threshold are really bad.

Agreed.  (Or at least, they should be a very last resort.)

> Is there a particular reason why one does not make halos go away the way one made them appear, i.e., by an alt-click on them?
> Maybe I want to invoke the world menu without the halos going away.

Continuing to alt-click (blue-click) actually cycles through the halos
of the various submorph layers that your mouse is over, so it probably
wouldn't work as a way to toggle halos on and off.

You have a point about being able to invoke the world menu without the
halos going away, but mostly I think of halos as a very temporary UI
element... something that you usually use immediately after bringing up.
 So, having them disappear when you attempt to do anything else
significant seems reasonable to me.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com