2.9a majorShrink bug & shrunken Morphic

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Sat Dec 16 06:02:13 UTC 2000

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:35:00 -0500 Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> wrote:
> >The image size is about 13megs, which isn't too bad, but the changes file is
> >huge!
>
> Kevin
>
> Is that *after* shrinking? My normal image is around 13.5 meg, so this doesn't

Yes, I believe so.  There was a lot of activity when I discarded MVC but
it still seems like a lot is left over.

> sound like much discaarding has happened. You might reclaim some more space with:
>
> 	ChangeSet allInstancesDo: [:cs | cs zapHistory]
>
> and the changes file can be compressed with:
>
> 	Smalltalk condenseChanges
>
> Beyond that, you may need to look at Morphic with a keen eye - which parts do you want and which can you do without?
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

Right, I'll give these things a try.  I did do the condenceChanges...the
changes file was noticable smaller after that.

As for Morphic, well that's a very good point!  Just the basics is what I
need..I certainly don't have the space for the 3D engine or anything really
fancy.  Sound is nice, but the voice synthesis could probably go as well.  It
would be really nice to try the Mpeg Player though (heck if WinCE can do it..).

First off, I'll get MVC going from a majorShrink.  Then I'll attack shrinking
Morphic again, I think.