The Puzzle Page

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Sat Dec 16 22:01:16 UTC 2000

Bob,

> >When I pull a script off to edit it, the whole flap area flashes
> >when I move the script around.
>
> While you are moving the script? Or when you drop the script
> on the world? I see the latter, but not the former. The
> latter is a reasonable need on the part of the flap to make
> sure its contents are drawn correctly since dropping phrases
> and scripts in the world can cause changes in the flap.

I think Karl is talking about something else. After you've dropped something
in the world (it doesn't really matter what) you'll get a flash for all of
the flap (tab) areas. This happens because of the attempt of moving all
those flaps and tabs to the front. So how about implementing

PasteUpMorph>>addMorphFront: aMorph
	^self addMorphInLayer: aMorph.

This should prevent many of these (almost always unnecessary) redraws.

Cheers,
  - Andreas