Plugin for iCab?

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Dec 13 17:34:26 UTC 2000

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Jochen F. Rick wrote:
> >
> > > I was browsing the Squeak Swiki and I saw that the plugin actually works
> > > with iCab. Awesome. Now, how do I get it to work? All I see are the
> > > Netscape/IE directions on the website.
> >
> > Netscape's plugins work with iCab.  I personally have an alias in my iCab
> > folder called Plug-ins, which points to Netscape's Plug-ins folder.
> > Alternately, you could follow the directions for Netscape, but substitute
> > whereever:iCab:Plug-ins for whatever:Netscape Communicator:Plug-ins.
>
> I added iCab to the list in the download description at
> http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.html#mac
>
> Is this sufficient or should I give exact path names?
> If the latter, please tell me ;^)

I have looked into this... You could mention that the path names differ
in localized versions of mac os. This is specially important for the
preference folder since some programs override good mac programming
and make a folder called preferences anyway...
Actually a installer for the mac is on my todo list, now that Squeak
can be saved as a double clickable  app :-)
Hopes someone beats me to it...;-)
Karl