2.8 vm for unix, speed of 2.9a

Faried Nawaz silence-squeak at nilpotent.org
Sat Dec 30 22:05:28 UTC 2000

Hello,

The INRIA site has 2.8pre3 -- is that the latest VM for Unix?  I keep seeing
references to 2.8p4 and 2.8p5 but they're neither at the INRIA ftp site nor
at UIUC.

Also, 2.9 with the latest updates (3144) is a lot less responsive than
3125. It's barely usable in its current state.  I have to click several
times or click-and-hold to select classes in the browser, for example.
Window decorations (close and minimize) are also very slow to react.  I'm
not sure which update triggered this, but I can check tomorrow.

Faried.