2.9a Squeak VM, apps, and themes

J Scott Jaderholm lispbliss at sage.cortland.com
Sun Dec 3 03:00:19 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm interested in playing around with Nebraska and 2.9a of Squeak.  I
downloaded Squeak2.9a-2988.zip which includes the .image and
.changes.  The problem is I don't have a .sources or a VM for 2.9a and
I heard I need a new VM but all I can find is VMs built for MacOS.

If anyone can point me where to go it would help.  I've scavenged the
squeak.org site and the squeak swiki (which was VERY sweet.  I saw a
spelling error, edit, change, done.  That is way cool.) with no luck.

Also, can someone direct me where to download the IRC client, the web
browser, and the email client for squeak?  I'm interested in fooling
around with these a bit.

Finally, I've seen some cool themes that give the default squeak look
a nice face lift.  The site with these says they don't work with like
2.8a or something.  Anyone know if I can get themes elsewhere for
2.9a?

Sincerely,
jsj
--
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."  Oliver Wendell Holmes (a Lisp programmer at heart)