Squeak 2.8 Linux install problem

William DeMeo william.demeo at verizon.net
Sun Dec 10 02:34:38 UTC 2000

Yes.  Same was true for me (ie the file is misnamed).  I suppose one
could rename the file to one with no extension and use the "file"
command on the new name to see what it is.

FYI, I also recently installed Squeak on my Linux (SuSE 6.4) box and I
could only get sound out of squeak when using Squeak2.9a-2524, which as
far as I can recall I found either here:
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/SOR/users/piumarta/squeak/
or here:
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/
(though keep in mind that 2.9 is in the alpha stage)

Good Luck!