Question about <primitive:127>

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 12 04:34:21 UTC 2000

forceToScreen for any form ought to run at the same speed.  So just do:

	[ 100 timesRepeat: [ Display forceToScreen: (0 at 0 extent: 320 at 200) ]  ]
timeToRun

On my slow graphics system, this takes about 1600 msecs, ie 16 msecs per
force.

Here's a test for BitBlt:

	| sourceForm destForm |
	sourceForm := Form extent: 320 at 200 depth: 32.
	destForm := Form extent: 320 at 200 depth: 32.
	[ 100 timesRepeat: [ sourceForm displayOn: destForm at: 0 at 0 ] ]
timeToRun

This gives about 500 msecs, ie 5 msecs per copy, one third of the time
needed to do a forceToScreen.

On my machine, the bitmap copies are a good bit faster than the final
forceToScreen.  It would be interesting to see how other people's
computers fare--my graphics driver really does seem to be slow.

-Lex