Double-Clickable Apps

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Dec 2 06:04:15 UTC 2000

>John McIntosh was idle a few weeks ago, so we pointed him at this
>and, guess what?  It works!
>
>On the Mac, at least.  Mac VMs numbered 2.9.6 and higher (coming
>soon) include support for a new primitive, #247, entitled
>snapshotEmbeddedPrimitive.

Yes Yes it's compiling now, and the change set is being reviewed for
correctness, so you'll all have a 2.9.6 VM by mid weekend or so...

The 2.9.6 VM also has the ability to set/get the left/right sound
volumes, a primitive hook to your favorite OS's underlying noise
interface. Of course we need the linux/windows/bsd/etc VM support for
that feature too...

PS If you build embedded mac applications don't forget to set the
application signature to something else other than FAST (the Squeak
signature) Otherwise that shinny new application you just create will
launch next time you double click on a Squeak Image. (not what you
want...) Also dont' forget if you change the signature then you need
to change the BNDL which contains the pretty icons etc, after all you
are building a double clickable Macintosh application and there are a
few rules to follow to ensure you have a well behaved macintosh
application.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6