Morphic slowness, was: Re: The Puzzle Page

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Dec 21 10:00:31 UTC 2000

Bob Arning wrote:

> I wonder if your system may be a bit different from mine.

Thinking about it, this may be the result of the "Blue" window look I've
been playing with. Silly me. The translucent portions of windows may be
causing this redraw, although it's not quite obvious that the features cause
this particular redraw behavior. This is something I've thought of before
that we should beware of if we change the default look: snazzier graphics
will be expensive on slower machines. The least we'd need is a page of
preferences for switching the various expensive features on and off.

Henrik