Another scripting question

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Dec 13 19:25:19 UTC 2000

Alan Kay wrote:

> Karl --
>
> Look at "miscellaneous" in the viewer for "start script", "stop
> script", "pause script", etc.
>
> You might want to make a toggle button ....
Right after I mailed I remembered that there are instance variables
and then the rest was a breese:

Test instanceVariable = 1
 Yes Car stop script run
	instanceVariable = 0
 No  Car start script run
	instanceVariable = 1

These instance variables seems to be prototype based.
Will the extended scripting system have prototype based
variables ?

> You are now finding the boundaries of this simple toy system that we
> did several years ago. We have been working for some time to allow
> this "etoy" way of programming to use any subset of Squeak (including
> the whole thing). You could imagine that the next level of authoring
> would cover the kinds of things that people do in Hypertalk and
> Lingo, ++, etc.

I'm looking forward to that:-)

Karl