How Do You Do Business Apps?

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Feb 23 15:52:29 UTC 2000

Joey,

</newbie_comments>
I am like you, not yet knowing about how to put up a Business App in
Squeak (but that won't keep me from rambling on about it anyway;)

I don't think you have missed any Squeak/Smalltalk80 tutorials about
creating the business user interface. I am not familiar with other
dialects, but I think that they all have a "WindowBuilder" of some
kind that handles the low level dirty work of building the views
required for data entry.

I am not sure which track you wish to persue in Squeak. I am currently
on the MVC track working with graphics (I do business apps all day in
other languages). As far as I can tell there is no MVC "Window Builder"
in
Squeak. You have to define all of the sub-views and controllers that you
need to manipulate your Model. I have used PluggableListView for the
small
bit of textual info I am working with currently.

This is not much of an answer to your question, but maybe it will help
stimulate more discussion.

John-Reed Maffeo
Mesa, AZ