Files

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Mon Feb 14 05:02:06 UTC 2000

Hi.

I have two questions. The first: why is it that Squeak cannot open two
FileStreams on the same file?... the first comes ok, but the second
comes nil... I see it has something to do with fileIds, but I do not
know how that works neither if there is an obvious reason why this
should not be allowed.

The second question: some time ago, there was some discussion in this
list about file I/O buffering in Squeak --- if my memory is doing fine
without ECC. I am about to implement stream buffering, caching, and
stream sequencing. Stream sequencing means the ability to have a stream
that is made up of several other streams, with optional reset and read
limits other than 0 and aStream size. I had posted a prototype of stream
sequencing a while ago. It has grown, and now I need buffering and
caching. I would like to know if there is something being done in
connection with any of these...

Thanks!
Andres.