QuickTime PlugIn for Squeak

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Fri Feb 11 15:26:48 UTC 2000

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 6:54 AM, Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu>  wrote:
>> I remember reading that someone on the list was working on a plugin
>> primitive to allow QuickTime video to be displayed on the Squeak
Display.
>> I just read that QuickTime 4 (beta available off
>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/) includes MP3 playback.  How hard would
it
>> be to get Squeak to play generic files through QuickTime (on platforms
>that
>> support it)?

Technically, since the QT server source is open, couldn't it be bundled in
some way with Squeak if it isn't available from Apple?

All the commercial codecs would be missing, of course, but it would provide
*some* cross-platform capabilities.

"If everyone lived with a sense of wonder, their lives would be filled with
joy."
-Last words of Doug Henning, 5/3/47 - 2/7/00