[DEMO][APP] Squeak client for timeline presentation

Russell Swan swan at dandenong.cs.umass.edu
Thu Feb 24 23:35:29 UTC 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Les Tyrrell wrote:

> Russell Swan wrote:
> >

> > The demo requires morphic. In a workspace in a Morphic world, evaluate
> > 'Timeline tdt1demo' or 'Timeline tdt2demo' for the quick and light demos,
> > and 'Timeline tdt2eval' and 'Timeline tdt2' for larger datasets that
> > demonstrate some of the problems I'm encountering. The large datasets are
> > pretty zippy on an iMac or a new PC, but are extremely slow on my 5 year
> > old SGI.
>
> I'm trying it out, but keep running into a halt at the bottom of
> Timeline>>setDate:start:stop.  It doesn't seem to work if I try
> to proceed.
>
> -les

The program checks to see if you're in morphic first.
Timeline>>setDate:start:stop starts with
(World class = PasteUpMorph) ifTrue: [
       "We're in morphic. Set up window" ]
    ifFalse: [self halt.]. "Not in morphic"

Open up a morphic project and do it from within the project and it should
work.

-Russell Swan