Zope

James W. Howe jwh at allencreek.com
Mon Feb 28 17:13:08 UTC 2000

At 09:51 PM 2/28/00 +0530, Mayuresh A Kathe wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>Has anyone taken a look at Zope @ http://www.zope.org
>
>It is using Squeak concepts and is getting really popular.
>
>Maybe we could have something like that in Squeak.
>
>Bye.

I'm currently working on a project using Zope.  It utilizes some very
powerful concepts and after you spend some time with it you can do some
nice things in a very short period of time.   Ever since I started using
it, however, I've wished that there was an equivalent Smalltalk
implementation for it.  A Smalltalk verison, for example, would be much
easier to explore and extend.  Zope is Python based and the implementation
is spread out over several directories and there isn't a decent IDE to work
with this information.  Debugging is also quite primitive.  I think a
combination of something like Comanche with a Zope-like module would be
quite useful.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh at allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103