Perl open source contest

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 3 01:28:25 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> There are good reasons for the C-like style in the VM code.
Precisely - which is what I meant by "And I'm not counting the
deliberately C-like style of the VM code."

Having written big chunks of CCodeGenerator, some of which are in the
release and many of which you will never need to suffer, I know all too
well the tradeoffs and 'interesting' problems involved. Despite which, I
agree that it is much nicer to have as much as possible within the VM. I
would have loved to have been able to simulate & debug the VM operation
back when I was at ParcPlace!

tim