progress project webcast

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Feb 17 14:56:51 UTC 2000

I am watching this and it is very interesting:

   http://www.progressproject.org/Speaker_Series/lecture.html

                    February 15 at 7:30pm PST, Town Hall at 8th and Seneca:
                    "Progress on the Frontiers: Technology and Progress"
                    Dr. Doug Engelbart, founder of the Bootstrap Institute and inventor of the
                    mouse, and Dr. Alan Kay, inventor of the concept of Graphical User
                    Interface (GUI) for personal computers, discuss the impact of information
                    technology on the ways in which we organize work, educate children, and
                    promote progress.

-- Jecel