[UPDATES] 30 new updates for 2.8alpha

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Mon Feb 7 01:42:00 UTC 2000

Folks,

> There is also a complete Foreign Function
> Interface package not described here, but with a number of useful
> examples in the updates.

For those of you who want to play with this, I've put a bunch of precompiled
plugins out at

http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/FFI/

for the following platforms:

* MacOS/PPC
* Windows/X86
* Linux/X86
* Linux/PPC
* SGI Irix/MIPS (n32)

[**************IMPORTANT NOTE TO MAC USERS**************
You will absolutely need a VM that incorporates the changes from change set
1799vmSupportCode. The change set fixes a couple of problems in the C
support code. Without these the entire thing will just crash! AFAIK, the
current release VM does *not* have these fixes so you'll have to build your
own or to wait until a fixed VM is released]

For Unix/Win32 the existing 2.7 VMs work perfectly okay.

The examples Dan mentioned can be found in the following classes:
MacOS: MacRect class
Win32: Win32Window class
X11:   X11Display class

I'll put out some more information on this soon - the above is just so you
can start breaking your system the way C does ;-)=)

  Andreas