[ANN] distribution of Squeak programs

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Feb 2 23:27:05 UTC 2000

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 03:59:16PM -0500, Lex Spoon wrote:
> People have talked about distributing stand-alone Squeak programs, and
> often the talk turns to self-extracting executables.  I don't think that
> self-extracting executables are the core of the problem.  Instead, there
> is simply a myriad of administrative work that must be done to create a
> standalone package for multiple platforms.
>
> Anyway, to try and focus the discussion in this direction, I have put a
> tiny distribution of a Towers of Hanoi solver at:
>
> 	http://chaos.resnet.gatech.edu:8000/~lex/hanoi/
>

> Linux and Windows people, let me know what you think!  I'll try and add
> more platforms over time.  Eventually, most of this could be automated,
> but it seems useful to have one example of doing it the hard way.

I've built a Debian package: ftp://ftp.ira.uka.de/pub/squeak/hanoi

The package contains the following files:

/usr/lib/hanoi/hanoi
/usr/lib/hanoi/hanoi.image
/usr/lib/menu/hanoi
/usr/bin/hanoi
/usr/doc/hanoi/README.Debian
/usr/doc/hanoi/copyright
/usr/doc/hanoi/changelog.gz

The package adds hanoi to the Debian menu-system, it can be started
from the normal windowmanager-menu. (Games-->Toys-->Hanoi)

  Marcus

PS: It's a good idea to do "trip hanoi", the VM is 303188 bytes after
stripping, down from 894212 ...

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de phone at home:(0721)614235 @work:(0721)608-2749
Programming is debugging a blank sheet of paper. -- Gerald Sussman