Squeak ActiveWorlds

Jesse Schell Jesse.Schell at disney.com
Wed Feb 9 00:20:37 UTC 2000

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've found an interesting site with a Virtual Reality
 > Community Project. (http://www.activeworlds.com/)
 >
 > They have satellite maps of a VR world showing how their
 > community is grown since 1996:
 > http://www.activeworlds.com/satellite.html
 >
 > Maybe some Squeakers are interested in interfacing
 > Alice with this project.

If you are interested in high performance 3D via Squeak, keep an eye
on www.panda3d.org. Disney is integrating it's fourth generation VR
Engine with Squeak and making the whole thing open source. Panda3D is
available now, in a rough form, the Squeak integration will be
available soon.

 Jesse Schell                                           email: jns at disney.com
 Walt Disney Imagineering - VR Studio                   phone: (818) JIGSAW-0
 Opinions stated here are mine alone and in no way represent Walt
 Disney, The Walt Disney Company, Mickey, Donald, or any Disney characters.