Database connectivity anyone?

David Pennell dpennell at quallaby.com
Wed Feb 16 15:16:36 UTC 2000

> Has anyone looked at a PostgreSQL implementation?  Since a friend
> of mine is
> one of the core developers he's been after me to try it (and Linux too!).

I haven't looked at it for more than a year, but its been on my to-do list
for
a while. It has support for extensible types, indices, and back-end
languages.
It might be very interesting to integrate Squeak as one of the back-end
languages...

Has anybody got strong feelings about a class library for SQL database
access?
It seems clear we will end up with multiple databases, if we had a little
framework,
it might be less intimidating to fill in the vendor specific pieces.

-david